Welcome to the website of the Atlantic Blood BowlTM Association, a Blood BowlTM league in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Geography experts may note that Ottawa is about 700km from the Atlantic Ocean. We chose that name because most of our coaches come from Atlantic Canada, and we name our teams in reference to the coach's hometown. That, and we thought "ABBA" was a good acronym.
Blood BowlTM is a boardgame that mixes elements of chess, football, and fantasy wargaming. It is a strategy game, where positioning is key. The "coaches" take turns to move their pieces ("players"), who have variously defined abilities and movement capabilities. The aim is to carry a football from one end of the board to the other. Like a fantasy wargame, the pieces can be injured and "killed", but they also develop and improve the more they are played. The teams, races, and player types are based on the Games Workshop WarhammerTM universe.
Our philosophy is friendly competition, and our house rules are voted to reflect this. We try to keep a level playing field, while still allowing coaches the freedom to develop their teams in whatever style they wish. Several of the rules in the official Blood Bowl rulebooks have been discarded or modified to this end. These changes can all be found in the league rulebook
- See ABBA - League Standings for the current tournament as well as Previous Tourney Results. UPDATED!
- Our Combined Rulebook, contains administrative details, Rules clarifications and additions, and lists of allowable Allied and Star Players.
- Our League Records, for individual single season, individual career and team bests.
- Game Reports
- Hall of Heroes - The dearest departed
- Hall of Fame - The best of the rest
- About this site, & links to other Blood Bowl sites
Blood BowlTM, DeathZoneTM WarHammerTM, SkavenTM & TrollslayerTM are trademarks of Games Workshop, Inc., and are used here without permission.
This website has not been approved by Games Workshop, and no challenge to the status of these trademarks is intended.