What An ACA ACoA/DF Self-Help Group Can Do for You
Debating whether to go to a support meeting? This
reading can help, whether you're just starting or need
some encouragement when times gets rough.
- Keep you from slipping back into denial of your problems.
- Give you a sense of normalcy.
- Be an opportunity to make new friends.
- Give you perspective and keep you from self-pity.
- Give you a chance to share things which, if told (to a
non-member), would not be understood.
- Validate your emotions and experience.
- Give you a genuine sense of support, perhaps for the first time
in your life.
- Give you a real sense of belonging. Here you are not
- Provide an opportunity to be of real service to others.
- Give you an outline for a workable philosophy in life in the 12
- Supply an environment where you can find out who you are and
give you an opportunity to practice being that person.
- Provide a source of unconditional love and acceptance.
- Allow you the freedom to express your true feelings in a
non-judgmental atmosphere, with out fear of criticism.
- Teach you to break behaviour patterns that donít work by
replacing them with new ones.
- Allow you to experience real honesty of feeling in yourself and
- Give you practice in making a commitment and keeping it.
- Change your image of yourself and raise your self-esteem.
- End your feelings of isolation.
- Help you detach from painful situations by showing your new
- CHANGE YOUR LIFE.